Saturday 6 August 2016

Three Primer Battle


I've been switching back and forth between three primers lately, a good mix of low to mid-range in price. Is it wrong to think that $33 is 'mid-range'? I'm sure it seems on the higher side for many people. Anyways, partly out of laziness and curiosity, I've kept dabbling in all three just to see which I would gravitate towards.

Maybelline Prime Long-Lasting Eyeshadow Base* ($11CDN, 9g): This mousse, pink flesh toned primer applies with a doe foot applicator. It leaves a matte finish and does a great job at holding down shadow. It has a 24 hour claim and though I haven't tried it out for 24 hours it does keep my shadow lasting through the day. I do sometimes see some creasing though but only on the most humid of day. Generally this is reliable.

WetNWild Photofocus Eyeshadow Primer* ($6CDN, 10ml): This white thin gel/creme primer comes in a squeeze bottle. I use the tiniest amount on each lid and its worked quite well! It keeps my shadow on for 12 hours even through a 30min workout. 

Kat Von D Lock-It Color Correcting Eyeshadow Primer in Light* ($33CDN, 1.4g): This cream stick can sometimes apply in patches. Its a little hard to smooth onto my lids once I lay down the color and it gets caught on dry spots I didn't know I had. The stick is somewhat stiff; it just doesn't have a nice glide like a more liquid formula would have. Its quite tacky so color stays on really well but I do notice more creasing than I'd expect for a $33 primer that's called "Lock It". 

Of the three, I'm reaching more for the WetnWild. I didn't expect this because it seemed like such a "cheap" product but it works! I like that I can easily dispense the right amount, that it doesn't have a color and that my shadows don't crease. My favorite shadow primer has been from NARS but I find this quite comparable and super affordable.


0 comments:

Post a Comment