Saturday 30 April 2016

Worth Checking Out: Diorshow Mono Eyeshadows*

Diorshow Mono Eyeshadow

While the Dior's Summer 5 Color Palette options didn't quite hit the mark for me, the latest colors and formulation of the Diorshow Mono Eyeshadows* ($36 CDN, 1.98g) have got me more excited. 

The new collection of Diorshow Mono Eyeshadows comes with 10 shades (9 are available in Canada) and are available in department stores (not Sephora). There are four finishes: matte, satin, glittery and intense lamé (its as intense as it sounds). Long-wearing and buildable, these can be soft, subtle, smoldering or dramatic. 



I received the shades:

530 Gallery: satin, buttery taupe


 573 Mineral: satin, warm butterscotch


658 Cosmopolite: lamé, timeless gold


826 Backstage: satin, delicate pink


Just a note. If you're curious about this lamé finish, from what I'm understanding, lamé means highly iridescent with extremely fine shimmer incorporated into the formula. Its not glittery, the shimmer and the powder are equally mixed in together and compared to the satin finishes, this really stands out as being more intense. Out of 10 shades, only Cosmopolite is in that finish (which is a bit of a shame but I don't think Dior's is really meant for the avarte-garde kind of girl). 


These shades are more opaquely pigmented than the 5 Color palettes, especially Cosmopolite. I would love to explore some of the darker tones but I'm more than pleased with these four. Though I haven't been consistently impressed with Dior's palettes, they really seem to do a lot better with their monos!


The colors really do last for the day. I have to admit that I didn't think they would, but was proven wrong. Though stiff in pan, these are smooth on the lid. The colors in the range are quite safe for everyday use. I say, worth checking out if you want to start dabbling in Dior shadows. I'm even considering picking up maybe a darker satin shade for the outer corner.

0 comments:

Post a Comment