Wednesday 6 May 2015

Illamasqua Cream and Velvet Blushes

illamasqua cream velvet blush review swatch peaked rude betray

People don't lie when they say the Illamasqua blushes are pigmented. Here are the Cream and Velvet blushes I have in my stash.

illamasqua cream velvet blush review swatch peaked rude betray

The cream blushes are superblendable and you only need a few dabs. Using a dense domed brush makes quick work of blending but sometimes fingers work when I'm lazy. Betray seems almost too dark for me but in the winter time when vampy colors come out, it's a great dark berry shade. Even the super palest on Makeup Alley seem to agree. Rude is a nice light orange coral which doesn't wash me out and works much better than Stila's Gladiola (which is just a nudge too orange for me). I've recently loved pairing it with Annabelle's Peony. Both aren't overly dewy which is nice.

illamasqua cream velvet blush review swatch peaked rude betray

Peaked is from the Velvet Blush line. It can feel stiff in the pan but when warmed, it blends just as well and is just as pigmented. Drying down matte is an extra bonus for those who are concerned about any potential dewiness though I don't find their cream blushes too dewy.

In general the formula of these are amazing and I'm seriously worried about how I'm ever going to hit pan. You need such a little amount of each!

Do you own any of the cream or velvet Illamasqua blushes?

Let's Connect:

0 comments:

Post a Comment