Tuesday 26 May 2015

CoverGirl TruBlend Foundation - M3*

*I did not purchase this

CoverGirl TruBlend Foundation M3* review

The Covergirl Trublend* liquid foundation is supposed to seamlessly blend into your skin for a flawless look. I can't seem to find much else about its claims so there you go.

Color and Coverage

CoverGirl TruBlend Foundation M3* review

M3 is too dark and orange for my current skin tone. It might work during the summer though the yellow still seems too intense. A lot of reviewers said this is medium coverage...but I'd say its starts more at light-medium with potential for buildability. I would still conceal and red pimples still need covering up. It sits weightlessly on my skin and the liquid consistency reminds me of the Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation. 

Unlike the UD Naked Skin, this actually set and didn't transfer off when I blew my nose. My one gripe about the UD Naked Skin, even though it's a perfect shade match, is that it never sets. The finish isn't dewy but it isn't matte. I would say it just looks like skin. Skin tone is evened, and you don't look made up.

Application and Wear
CoverGirl TruBlend Foundation M3* review
Before
I blended this with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, which is pretty much what I always use. It goes on very easily since it is liquid. I was surprised by how I didn't see a lot of oil peaking through during the day. My skin is combination with the typically slightly oily T-Zone but generally dehydrated skin.

I don't think this prevented oil but I don't think it added oil either. I didn't get greasy but there was light shine on my forehead which I get with all my foundations. In general, I'm quite pleased with how this performed and might go for it over the UD if I find a suitable shade.

CoverGirl TruBlend Foundation M3* review
After
Overall
I didn't have any expectations going into this, which was great because this product pleasantly surprised me. It's not love but I definitely like it and would recommend this for dry (but not severely dry since I don't know how it performs on dry patches) skin all the way through to combination. It sits lightly on the skin, and I didn't feel the need to quicky wash it off during the day. I don't feel like you're compromising much with this foundation and its a good starter option for someone who is just looking to even out some tone and have a skin+ sort of look. 

Have you tried the Trublend?

Daily Zen: If you haven't read about my blog feelings lately, please take a look and help me out by filling my improvement survey!

Let's Connect:

0 comments:

Post a Comment