Monday 30 March 2015

The Watch Edit


Have you seen the number of watches that have randomly popped up on social media? I definitely took notice of the Daniel Wellingtons out there but I balked at paying $200USD for a random fashion watch brand that seemingly came out of nowhere. At the end of the day, watches are investment pieces and I want to buy from a brand that been around for a while. 

I have to admit that the increasingly #instafamous flat faced menswear watch is very appealing to me so I attempted to find more affordable options from reputable watch makers.



There are fashion watches and then there are watches. Some brands are known for their craftsmanship, like Seiko and Citizen, and others are bought to have a relatively nice timepiece on your wrist. At The Bay, you can find both options and since I'm not in the market for a Rolex just yet,  I ended up building up my watch collection with two Skagen and one Fossil watch. 

Fossil Cecile


This blinged-out watch with an ion-plated stainless steel bracelet tells the time, the time in 24hrs, the date, and the day of the week. Pretty much everything you'd need. The 40mm watch face makes it larger than standard and the relatively high wrist profile makes this a very obvious wrist accessory. Its eye catching and I've gotten many compliments for it. 


Skagen Men's Ancher Two Toned Mesh Chain Watch


I waffled between gold and silver watch and eventually decided I needed one watch in both. This is primarily my "silver" watch though the gold accents are a nice contrast that add some interest. I love the mesh detail of the chain and this is a great menswear piece to have.


It features a date window, three handed quartz movement, and is water resistent to 30meters. The strap is adjustable and this perfectly minimalistic watch was much less expensive than the Instragram watches I've seen. I'm very pleased with it.


Skagen Women's Gitte Leather Watch


The Gitte satisfies my "gold" watch category and the tan colored strap makes this great for spring/summer or lighter colored outfits. Even more minimal in style than the Ancher, it has two hands and dots for time markets. The thin 14mm leather band also adds to the minimalistic look and contrast nicely with the 38mm face. Nothing about this watch is overpowering but it can easily be dressed up or down.


What I love most about Skagen watches is not only the minimalistic designs but the very flat face that sits flush against the wrist. 


-----------

With the help of 15% off during Bay Days and other promotions, all three together didn't break the bank. I was pleased to have found watches that had right mix functions for my needs and were exceptionally stylish as well.

What's your favorite watch?

Let's Connect:

0 comments:

Post a Comment