Friday 30 January 2015

The Make Up Addict Tag



I wasn't formally tagged but this has been one of the few tags which I've read in full when I see it on other blogs. I guess something about hoarding makeup appeals to me *groans*.



1. Which product do you still keep buying more of despite having plenty in your collection?
Uh...I think the photos speaks for itself and that's not even half of everything.
Eyeshadow. I don't care if you tell me these two colors are similar, I will want them both. It doesn't make sense. I'll never wear metallic bright ocean blue to work...but I will keep buying them.



2. What's the one product you can't live without?
This would either be concealer or eyeliner. Eyeliner and eyeshadows were my gateway drug into makeup. It's been a steep downhill slide ever since. Concealer seems like an actual necessity though...but concealer without eyeliner or eyeliner without concealer. Hmmm. OK. I can't live without eyeliner...

3. Favorite makeup brand?
Impossible. I like different brands for different reasons. And I haven't tried the full range of any one brand fully. But if we're just going with my heart and for no logic reason at all...Make Up For Ever and Dior. Just cause. No reason.

4. How big is your makeup collection?
Big enough. I try and cull regularly.


5. And how do you store it?
Some items are in ziplock bags in Vancouver but in Toronto I have a three tier Sterilite drawer set, a box for polishes, a box for palettes and some jars and a box tray for my everyday rotation. It's not pretty, but it works. I did a post on my attempt to consolidate and focus.



6. How many items of makeup have you got in your handbag at the moment?
Just lipbalm, handcream and blotting papers. I usually have the lipstick I'm wearing but didn't wear any yesterday so it's absent from my bag. If it's an event day, I might have concealer and powder but that's it. As much as I enjoy make up, I don't think you need to stop your life to make your face perfect every living moment.

7. If you could raid another blogger's stash, who would it be?
Well...I've already seen Jenn Acqui's and that was large enough to mostly desensitized me after the third drawer LOL but I think Denise's who's haul posts are, for lack of a better work, epic and Sunny's, who always gets the designer items, would be so awesome.

8. How long does your usual makeup routine take and how many products do you use?
I can get it down to 5 mins but I can also take 30. It depends on what I'm feeling that day but most days it's about 10 mins or so.

In order of use: foundation --> brow pencil --> concealer --> eyeshadow base --> eyeshadows (at least 2, usually 3, sometimes 4)--> eyeliner (at least 1, sometimes 2)--> mascara --> sometimes blush and sometimes lipstick. So that's what, 8-14?

9. Have you ever bought makeup knowing you wouldn't use it?
Yes and no. I buy makeup with the full intention of using it...but sometimes it just sits in a drawer, forgotten, crying. Yea...that's happened a lot...

10. Tag a few other makeup addicts to do this tag! 
This one was kinda fun and for the most part I've read these in full so everyone should do one! And link back so I can read it!

Let's Connect:
Bloglovin' | Instagram | Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment