Tuesday 22 July 2014

Guest Post: Natalie's Red and White Look

Hi everyone! My name is Natalie, and I blog over at Ivory Avenue. Ivory Avenue is a wild collection of beauty, fashion and lifestyle – though this is a rough definition. I really blog about whatever tickles my fancy. I love discussing current trends, reviewing products and finding new designers and shops.
I'll be taking over Jenn's blog for the day as part of the Canadian Beauty Bloggers monthly guest posting, and as the theme this month is Canada, I'll be going all drastic with red and white makeup!


Canada Day Makeup of the DayI won't be going into details about my face makeup, as this look really focuses on eyes and lips.
In terms of eye makeup, the main product is the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk ($4.50). I'd originally bought the NYX eye pencil as I'd heard it made a great primer - but since that didn't work as I expected it to, it was pretty much sitting in my makeup drawer, unloved. I'm so happy I was able to use it for this post!
The trick with these jumbo eye pencils is to add eyeshadow on top. That may seem like silly advice, but it makes all the difference. Without eyeshadow on top, this jumbo eye pencil creases within minutes of being applied. I used a from the Too Faced Naked Eye Palette ($36.00) called In The Buff, which is a tiny bit off-white. Packing this on top of the jumbo eye pencil stops creasing, and makes everything stay put for the whole day.
On my lips is one of my all time favourite red lipsticks: the Michael Marcus Lipstick in Debbie ($24.00). This is just a "feel good" red lipstick. I won't go on and on about this lipstick as bold lipsticks are pretty much a staple!

Oh Canada Makeup Products

I hope you enjoyed this post! A big thank you to Jenn for having me, and I hope some of you will come and say hi!

0 comments:

Post a Comment