Saturday 22 March 2014

In the Moment #5: Clarins #GoldenBooster Event

(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

Well, this is a first. The Clarin's #GoldenBooster Event was held last Tuesday at the Ritz-Carlton in Toronto. I got to attend along with some other CBB ladies and was pretty stoked about the opportunity. 



The event showcased Clarins' Radiance Plus Golden Glow Booster ($30CDN). Three drops once a day mixed into any moisturizer promises a gradual, controlled, odourless tan for your face. One bottle lasts 3 months with daily use but some people may need fewer drops for their desired tan. Tan upkeep only needs 1-2 drops.



I'm a bit conflicted about tanning. Do I try and preserve what little Snow White-ness of skin that I have? Or do I attempt, full on, to achieve some color on my death-pall toned skin. During the summer, it's always a toss up. My skin ends up half way in between and I'm never entirely pleased with the results.  



I never considered self-tanning. Images of wrinkled 70-year olds that took to tanning beds a little too passionately in their youth and splotchily oranged pre-teens who didn't exfoliate quite just right ward me off any tanning attempts. But it was nice to be introduced to the new Clarins "made to measure self tan" product. It sounds a lot less scary that other tanning products.

The event itself was a first for me. The superficial necessity of small talk makes me uncomfortable but I think I did ok. Though I had a few awkward conversations with some bloggers (I'm sure you know who you were are... I'm sorry I'm such an awkward monkey lol) I was thrilled to meet some bloggers that I've been reading for a very long time. There was a lot of fruit and candy and different stations which showcased Clarin's products. One of the best was a lipstick application area and a photobooth section. By the end of the night, we were given a lipstick and a backpack with the tanning product and a Clarin's moisturizer.



How do you feel about self-tanning? Also, have you ever been to a PR event? How do you navigate that situation???? Teach me your ways.

Follow me on:

0 comments:

Post a Comment