Thursday 26 September 2013

The Autumn Tag - a chatty post or ALL THE MUSICS


(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

Though many people enjoy Summer and many enjoy Winter (though perhaps, a few less), I have to say that the transition months are where it's at for me. In particular, I absolutely adore Autumn! For many years, Autumn meant the beginning of the school year and a new start. Now I focus on the lovely sun bathed days with crisp breezes and clear skies.  It also means chillier nights and warm snuggles under the blanket. I love the mixture of weather in Autumn so thank you Maddie and Lucy for tagging me in the Autumn Tag.

Photo Credit to Flowerdrop at Fanpop
1. What is your favourite thing about Autumn?

I'm pretty sure I hit all the major points in my paragraph above. But allow me to add that I love the way the sun hits the coloured leaves. Yes fashion blah blah, that's all well and good. But for me, the weather and the atmosphere is what I love best about Autumn. 


2. What is your favourite drink?

Seriously? Water. HAHA. And that doesn't change with the seasons. Following that, a dark rich black tea. And if you were hoping for a more consumeristic answer, I buy a pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks about once every year, if I remember LOL. Sorry.

3. Favourite scent/candle?

Hmm. I've noticed that apple cinnamon candles are out around this time, which is perfectly fitting for the approaching holidays of Thanksgiving and Christmas. I did find a wonderful fresh woodsy candle at Bath and Body Works called "Fresh Balsam." I'm trying my best not to buy the 3 wick candle in that scent.

4. Best lipstick?

I really love orange leaning reds this time of year. Revlon's Kissable Balm Stain in Romantic was a staple last Autumn. It will sure to get its share of love this year too. 

5. What's your go-to moisturizer?

Well, usually I'm always trying something different but if I had to pick a body moisturizer, you guys know how much I love The Body Shop's Brazil Nut Body Butter.

6. Go to colours for the eyes?

This doesn't really change each season. I really love Too Faced's Push-up eyeshadow from their Natural Palette. It's a great pink toned bronze and I'm so bummed no one has found a dupe for this yet. I'm trying to ration it.

7. What's your favourite music/band/singer to listen to?

That's also quite a difficult one. It really depends on my mood and can range from a Fleetwood Mac album if I feel poppy, Bonobo if i'm feeling mellow, Dragonette if I'm feeling upbeat, Ella (need I say her last name?) if I'm feeling sentimental or relaxed......Miike Snow's first album is pretty great but so are Madeon's and Felix Cartel's first debuts....Alena Diane or Iris Dement are great for lounging around the house....sometimes I feel like listening to Smetana's The Moldau over and over again or maybe a range of classics from eastern european composers (I find they have the greatest breadth of emotion in their pieces)......Santigold's latest is pretty fantastic (she has a few good light drops in this track I picked)......I run to dubstep......I sing to Bryan Adams and Celine Dion (no joke)...it's really a mixed bag with me (which makes it great for setting up playlists for parties btw).

8. What's your favourite outfit to wear?
I use to exclusively wear this minskirt with thick leggings once Autumn came around. It was pretty acceptable in undergrad but not anymore. I do enjoy a good sweater dress though.

9. Autumn treat?

Mooncakes. Eaten around Mid-Autumn Festival, it's lotus paste shaped into round cakes and covered in a nice pastry crust. OMNOMONOM. The new modern 'ice pastry' (for all you cantonese speakers out there...bing pay yoot baeng)  are pretty great too with their fruit and chocolate centres. 

10. What's your favourite place to be?
So many places. A walk outside around this time is wonderful but so is a having a chat in a cosy cafe with a friend. Otherwise, snuggled up in my blankets with my Kobo and maybe the boyfriend on Skype.

I tag:
Steph at Fun Sized Beauty
Jasmine and Angela at The Happy Sloths
Rxbeautychic at Rxbeautychic
Liz at My Pretty Obsession
Whitney at Macarons and Mischief

Daily Zen: While I was typing this up, I left the Celine Dion playlist run on youtube and sang along. "There were nights when the wind was SO COOOOLLLLDDD" lol! Oh Celine....you make heartbreak so wonderful for at-home karaoke.

0 comments:

Post a Comment