Saturday 10 August 2013

Blinc Mascara

(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

I've been lusting after the Blinc Mascara after a while. When I was working at my lab job, I would stare enviously at my supervisor's eyelashes wanting to know how in the world she got those amazing lashes. Turns out, it was with the Blinc Mascara.

blinc mascara review swatch

blinc mascara review swatch

 Blinc Mascara claims to be a innovative water resistant mascara which coats your lashes in tubes. It forms tiny tubes around your lashes for maximum amplification and hold. It isn't supposed to run, smudge, clump or flake. The mascara is suppose to add volume and length giving a natural look that lasts all day. I got my hands on one when Sephora was giving them away as a 100pts redemption item.

blinc mascara review swatch

I have to say that I was a bit underwhelmed. Natural look indeed! Does it look like there anything really on there? I think this did a good job of mildly lengthening my lashes but not to a degree which I thought made any real difference. I realized, as I was frantically tried to make this mascara work for me, that swiping the mascara over and over again on your lashes just doesn't really work. You have to wait for them to dry a little before you apply another coat if you want some little distance of extra length. If you don't have a lot of time in the mornings, this is a bit inconvenient. This mascara also didn't add a lot of volume. If I really wanted some volume, I would use the Lancome lash primer before applying Blinc. Doing this solves both the issue of length and volume but you need to give yourself some time to make this process work. The hold of this mascara is fine, nothing amazing. I do have to say that your lashes will be nicely separated which I think was what I liked on my supervisor. Her lashes were uber-separated ....which in hindsight made them look sparse. Girls with low lash volume beware!

The one thing I like about this mascara is that it can be removed w/ some warm water and a cotton pad. It comes off in long strands. Don't worry, those aren't your lashes (hopefully) but the tubes that had coated them. Because the mascara comes off relatively easily, I find that my lashes are actually getting quite long since they aren't being plucked out my scrubbing my eyes with makeup remover. I was chatting w/ another blogger and they agreed with me that the mascara seems to be conditioning for our lashes though the company doesn't make any claims in this regard.

blinc mascara review swatch

I would recommend this to someone who doesn't want to bother with heavy duty makeup removers and someone who wants a natural look. But honestly, for the price ($30CDN) you could pick yourself up a drugstore mascara that will do about the same thing aside from the tubing technology. Though innovative, I don't see any really value added to make me purchase this full sized.

Do you like the tubing technology? When will you pay $30 for mascara?

Edible Zen: In case you ever really really wanted to know what that funky shape of pasta on your plate was called, there is now this on Slate. Which brings me to the fact that I ate pasta for the first time in a long time and I'm not sure my body is very happy at me for it. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment