Saturday 6 April 2013

Review: Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss Lipstick 14


(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

When it comes to Kates, I have to say that I am much more a fan of Kate Lanphear than Kate Moss. Can we just get a shout out to Lanphear's awesome rocker-chic style! However, one cannot deny that Kate Moss' gaunt and waifish appearance made her extremely popular and she is still an iconic symbol of 90's beauty. When Rimmel came out with their Kate Moss collaboration I wasn't exactly running to the store to check it out, but did recently pick up a rather nice color in #14.
Review Lasting Finish by Kate Moss Lipstick 014 swatch 14

Review Lasting Finish by Kate Moss Lipstick 014 swatch 14

Rimmel states that the lipsticks from the Lasting Finish by Kate Moss line are "high intensity color for up to 8 hours. The formula is infused with Black Diamonds which reflects light like never before. They capture all the flair, edge and timelessnes of Kate's unique look."

The Lasting Finish line comes in 11 shades. Rimmel has come out with a matte line with Kate Moss as well as a spring line with brighter shades. The lipsticks are in matte cylindrical tubes with Kate Moss' signature on the side of the lid and the Rimmel logo stamped on the top. Pretty chic if you ask me.

This color is a great neutral. It swatches neutral pulling slightly rose which makes for a good 'my lips but better' color for me. It doesn't nude my lips out like the Nars Belle Du Jour but has a natural color that evens out my lips and is great for everyday. I wore this for 4 hours before I ate something so I can't really attest to the 8hr claim. However, it wasn't drying on my lips and the color stayed pretty consistent during that time. Though it claims to have shine, this color had a satin-cream type of finish. I did not detect any sort of frost, brightness or glossiness so am not sure about this claim. Other more vivid colors may be a better judge.  I feel like this could be a more matte dupe for Rimmel's Airy Fairy but don't quote me as I have only every swatched them separately  Airy Fairy has a slight glossiness to it which this one does not. There is a light scent to the product. I can't place what it is, but in my experience, other Rimmel lipsticks have a similar scent. It lingers slightly but is not excessive nor overwhelming. 

All in all, this color is pretty awesome and though I'm not gaga over Kate Moss, I do feel slightly special for having something from her line. I would love to check out more colors but right now I'm on the hunt for corals for spring/summer and she doesn't really have a good option for that color family. 

Who's your favorite Kate? Have you tried this line?

0 comments:

Post a Comment