Friday 1 March 2013

Covergirl Lipperfection Jumbo Balm Stain

(Unfortunately photos in this post were lost due to The Great Deletion of 2014. Some efforts to re-do photos will be made but not all posts will be redone.)

There has been an increase in the number of jumbo lip pencils coming out in the market. I find these types of products easy to use and tend to grab them a bit more often than a tradition tube of lipstick. Not sure why, but there you are. When the Covergirl ones came out, I wanted to give it a go, purely due to my consumerism tendencies unfortunately. 

covergirl lipperfection lip perfection jumbo balm stain rose twist swatch review
I bought Rose Twist from Duane Reade when I was down in NYC. There were actually hard to find but maybe that was because I didn't have a lot of time to browse drugstores or might have missed the promo displays. Either way, this product is another addition to my jumbo lip pencil collections.

covergirl lipperfection lip perfection jumbo balm stain rose twist swatch review

The color is a light pink rose which sort of surprised me when I looked in the mirror outside. I live in a basement suite so it's really hard to tell a color when I'm indoors. I do have to say that I'm enjoying this color just because it's more of a fun, feminine pink, which isn't always something I own. The cap does a good job of displaying the color but the color isn't written on the product anywhere. It was on the plastic outer wrapping which doesn't do anyone any good. You do get a product number on the end but I tend not to remember those as easily as names.

covergirl lipperfection lip perfection jumbo balm stain rose twist swatch review

The product promises sheer color and soft shine. The color isn't sheer actually and can be built up quite nicely. It did tend to cling to the dry parts of my lips and I wouldn't say these were especially moisturizing. My lips didn't get dried out but they didn't stay soft all day either. Not bad Covergirl but if you have lots of these types of products already the formula isn't really anything new or interesting. Pick one up if a color catches your eye.

0 comments:

Post a Comment